- Tax file number(s)
- PAYG summary/group certificate
- Private health details
- Total of all deductions (we will run through this in great detail during our appointment, should we require additional information, we will create a to-do list and you may either email through or re-visit for a subsequent appointment)
With Rental property:
- Rental property agents summary
- Interest expense for the year
- Depreciation schedule(s)
- Any expenses not on agents summary (ie council rates, repairs, landlord insurance etc)
- Lenders mortgage insurance and amount under-taken
- Purchase price and date of shares / asset
- Sale price and date of shares / asset
- Expenses incurred in purchasing asset / shares (ie brokerage fees)
- Any holding expenses incurred which have not already been deducted for tax
- Depreciated expenses which have been deducted for taxation prior
- ABN/ACN’s (if applicable)
- Copy of book keeping records for the year
- Login to any book keeping software (ie xero)(if applicable)
- Total income (if not on records)
- Total expenses (if not on records)
- Purchase price and date of any assets purchased for depreciation purposes
- Total interest paid on assets for the financial year
- Any personal expenses not on book keeping records (ie home gas, elec, rent etc)
Standard consults will usually take around 1 hour.
Additional time may be incurred for complicated / lengthy / non standard works.
Our office is approx 800m from South Yarra Station. Once you have arrived at South Yarra Station either catch the number 8 tram two stops towards the city or walk two tram stops towards Punt Road
We are very close to the corner of Toorak and Punt Road (South Yarra). Ralston Street is the most convenient place to park your car.
Tax returns are due on the following dates:
|Lodgment due date||Entity description|
|31 October 2017||Tax return for all individuals and trusts where one or more prior year tax returns were outstanding as at 30 June 2017.|
Tax return for clients prosecuted for non-lodgment of prior year tax returns and advised of a lodgment due date of 31 October 2017.
Note: Some prosecuted clients may have been given a different lodgment due date. Refer to the letter you received for the client’s applicable due date
|15 January 2018||Large/medium trusts (annual total income more than $10 million in latest year lodged) where the trust was taxable in latest year lodged.|
|28 February 2018||Large/medium trusts (annual total income more than $10 million in latest year lodged) where the trust was non-taxable in latest year lodged.|
|28 February 2018||New registrant large/medium trusts.|
|31 March 2018||Tax return for individuals and trusts whose latest return resulted in a tax liability of $20,000 or more (excluding large/medium trusts).|
|15 May 2018||Tax returns for all remaining individuals and trusts not required earlier and not eligible for the 5 June concession (including new registrations).|
**This does not include entities eligible for concessional lodgement
BAS is due on the following dates:
|Quarterly lodgment obligation||Original due date||BAS agent concession for lodgment and payment if lodging by the BAS Agent Portal, PLS or ECI|
|Quarter 4, 2016–17||28 July 2017||25 August 2017|
|Quarter 1, 2017–18||28 October 2017||25 November 2017|
|Quarter 2, 2017–18||28 February 2018||n/a|
The Quarter 2 lodgment due date is more than eight weeks after the end of the quarter, which is similar to the electronic lodgment concession available for the other three quarters. As a result, lodgment concessions are not available for Quarter 2.
|Quarter 3, 2017–18||28 April 2018||26 May 2018|
|Quarter 4, 2017–18||28 July 2018||25 August 2018|
To be confirmed when the BAS agent lodgment program 2018–19 is developed.